Monday, December 6, 2010

Movie List

Ya'll can duke it out with me at your convenience.  Let me know if I forgot some things because I know I did.

Best War Scene:  Saving Private Ryan
Runner Up: Letters From Iwo Jima

Film I Most Relate To: Adventureland
Runner Up: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Movie that made me pee myself a little bit (not really, you idiots) for a good reason: Airplane
Runner Up: Anchorman

Movie that made me pee myself a little bit for a bad reason: Aliens
Runner Up: The Shining

Movie that was so bad that I would have faked peeing myself in front of Kate Beckinsale just to not have to sit through it: Epic Movie
Runner Up: Dragon Wars

Best Movie From When I Was Young: Toy Story
Runner Up: The Lion King

Best Foreign/Check Me Out, I'm Artsy: Pan's Labyrinth
Runner Up: Let The Right One In

Best Guiltry Pleasure: LOTR
Runner Up: Star Wars and Harry Potter tie

Movie I Shouldn't Have Liked As Much As I Did: Ghosts Of Girlfriend's Past (cause Jennifer Garner's a fox and you know it)
Runner Up: Disturbia

Greatest Mindfuck: The Matrix
Runner Up: Inception

Greatest "ooooh, i just got owned": The Usual Suspects
Runner Up: Fight Club

Greatest Franchise: Bond
Runner Up: Star Wars

Greatest Race/Chase Scene:  The Italian Job
Runner Up: The Fast and the Furious

Best Martial Arts Scene: Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris (I KNOW, RIGHT??? IT'S SO DANK) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPiMpdm3wnQ
Runner Up: Jackie Chan in The Drunken Masterhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6o9p8yXjr0&feature=search

Best Stylized Fight Scene: Kill Bill: Uma Thurman vs the crazy 88 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aFv8IQb4s&feature=search
Runner Up: 300 Spartans vs The Persians -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_8x4lY2Uk&feature=search

Coolest Training Scene: Rocky Training Montage -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmSvWHgaao&feature=related

Biggest Dissappointment: Pearl Harbor
Runner Up: 9 (cause the trailer was so sick and the movie was only mediocre) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c&feature=search


Most Essential Movies (that I've seen, sorry there's no citizen kane or casablanca)

(I actually saw Citizen Kane since I wrote this originally.  We can throw that between The Godfather and Schindler's List)

1. The Godfather - Duh
2. Schindler's List - Possibly the most moving tale on the list
3. Saving Private Ryan - Realistic to the point of horrifying...  I got shellshocked just by watching it
4. Fantasia - Animation masterpiece
5. 28 Days Later - Scary while maintaining good storytelling is hard to find in contemporary horror, but this exceeds that by a mile
6. The Matrix - When a movie made me question my own existance, I realized it had to go on the list
7. Jaws - The reason I fear deep water
8. 12 Angry Men - Compelling, riveting courtroom classic
9. Snow White - First hit of Walt Disney's that redefined the genre
10. Pan's Labyrinth - Nightmarish and horrifying yet incredibly wonderful...  Like the bad trip version of Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment