Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Good Night"

Those were the words uttered by my friend about an hour ago.  It's been far too long since a girl has said good night to me.  Not that those words haven't been said to me by a girl, but if you're anything like me you know the difference between saying the words "good night" and meaning all the implications behind that as well.  You can hear it in their voice, or see it in their smile.  You can feel it as their hand lingers in yours as it finally pulls away, or when the hug lasts just seconds longer than your standard hug.

And I really think she does mean it.  See, I'm in love with this girl.  If only she wasn't in New York, about six hours away from me, maybe our whole situation would be different.  I've known her for three years now, and at first she was just a face, now she's one of my best friends and I don't know what I would do without her.  I'm applying to transfer to a bunch of Ivy League schools for my sophomore year, and she's really been encouraging me every step of the way.  She's amazing and every day I talk to her, if only through a Facebook IMing session or through a phone call or Skyping or texting late into the night, it's the best part of my day.  She's the best part of my day.

Anyway, I don't know if it's pointless to pursue this girl.  I've turned down more than one prospective date just because I felt it would be wrong to date someone else while I'm in love with my best friend.  Is this bad?  Am I crazy for liking someone I probably can never be with?  I don't know, you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment