Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harry Potter

I'm overflowing with excitement for Harry Potter tomorrow night.  There was a point of my life where I wanted to make films for a living, then I wanted to write films for a living, then I wanted to write.  Now, I obviously didn't take any of those paths, but the Harry Potter series is and always has been my my Catcher in the Rye.  I grew up on these books, and I love the characters and story and the world that has been created.  I love Harry and Ron and Hermione, watching them grow up and go through many of the same things that I went through, even though they are in a fantasy world where everything you could ever dream of is real.  I'm personally extremely glad that David Yates opted to make the final chapter in two parts.  Some people think that it's simply to make more money, but I think when dealing with such a contemporary topic, he can't alter it without there being an uproar and there was simply too much material in this last book to be done justice in two and a half hours.  Honestly I wouldn't mind if each movie was set in multiple parts, I would still happily dish out my ten or so dollars to see it every time.  I hope you all join me at midnight on Thursday to witness the cult cinematic event of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment