Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Separation of Church and State

I understand that the US is primarily a christian nation, but we did agree to separate church and state and there are two major things that are not adhering to this old belief.

1. Abortion - Literally everyone I know who is pro-life is also a dogmatic religious person.  This is not a coincidence.  Christianity obviously frowns upon killing, and believes that as soon as the uterus is conceived, the child is alive.  I'm a little shaky on that, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  However, scientifically, the child is about as alive as the skin cells and hair that fall off my body every second.  If you argue that it is the capability to produce life, how about when a man busts a nut, or a woman has her period?  Both acts dispose of cells that could have otherwise birthed a child.  I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but the pro-life option is only based upon religious dogma, not scientific reasoning.  Church, not state.

2. Gay Marriage - Honestly, the fact that this is even a topic that's still up for debate is just preposterous.  Obviously, gay marriage is totally okay.  It's a necessary financial tie, and though the institution of marriage was founded on religion, they should still be allowed to be legally wed.  Also, it means just as much to them as anyone else, and if I fell in love with a girl only to be told that I couldn't marry her?  Yeah I'd be pretty fucking pissed.  So yeah, get your heads out of your asses, suck it up, and live and let live.

There are plenty of other issues, but these are two major ones.  I know I might get slammed by some religious zealot who has brought it upon him or herself to invoke the wrath of God upon me, but honestly, people who act with hate wouldn't be getting to the upstairs club anyway, so bring it the fuck on.

No comments:

Post a Comment